Pages

Monday, April 18, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - A BUSY Holy Week

And just like that, Holy Week is over.

It seemed like it went by so quickly even though I did take time in each service to really contemplate and think about everything that Jesus went through so that we could be saved.  

But I was also busy.  Like normal busy for Holy Week.  Or what I was used to.  But it didn't seem so stressful.  Even though right now I am still quite exhausted.  (However I would dare not say as exhausted as my Pastor or our Organist!)

Thursday we had a very nice and subdued Holy Thursday service.  It was all done in silence with just cues from our bulletin as to when things would take place.  The only words spoken were the words of Jesus during the Last Supper and just afterwards.  I assisted with serving Communion, the first time using bread and separate juice cups since March, 2020.  And of course, we left in silence.

Friday I was off from work and spent the day in 3 different grocery stores getting food for Easter dinner.  Then went to church for Good Friday service where I sang.  I also got to relax for a bit, which was nice.

Saturday was a crazy day.  I was at church 3 different times for 3 different things, prayer, Easter Egg Hunt, and Easter set-up.  I also went back to the grocery store to ensure my family had food to eat that wouldn't cause a lot of left overs so we had room for Easter dinner leftovers.  In between my travels to church I took care of the garbage, I made an ice box cake, fed the birds, and took a shower.  Oh!  And chatted a bit with my friends from high school on Zoom!

Sunday was a long day.  It was EASTER!  I was up at 4:45am to get ready to go to church for Sunrise Service at 6am and then stayed through the end of our regular 10am service.  I had a bit of a stressful singing morning at 6am.  But by the 10am service, I had a GREAT singing day.  I was hitting and holding notes I hadn't before.  I was singing very strongly.  Oh, and ALL THE MUSIC WAS AMAZING.  Unfortunately there were technical sound issues and none of it is available on YouTube.  But it was a wonderful day at church celebrating Christ's Resurrection.

And then I got home and made dinner.  Ham, mashed potatoes, mustard pineapple sauce, and a ginger ale brown sugar sauce.  My sister made green bean casserole.  It was all yummy.  But kept me busy.  And more importantly awake!

After dinner I spent time with Sparkle as she did her usual I want to go out/I want to come in/I want to go out routine.  I did get some reading done while outside.

I'm back at work today.  Really tired.  But still feeling really great about everything in general.  Though I am physically tired (and a bit headachey) my spirit is in a really great place.  He is Risen!  Christ is Risen Indeed!  HALLELUJAH!

Easter 4/17/22 outside at PUMC


No comments:

Post a Comment