Pages

Monday, April 4, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - What Contemplating Visioning Brought Me

Last week the Contemplative Service at church brought me almost to my knees as I wrestled with the Prodigal Son.

This week we were doing a bit of personal visioning during the time.  And while I did not have the same reaction as the week before, I did figure at least one thing out with music.  Which has been just out of reach for me.

One of the things that we have been doing a lot in my classes for the Music Ministry is looking at hymns and taking time with the verses and saying how they are speaking to us.

I wanted to share this experience and open it up to my church family.  Or at least, that is where my brain went as I contemplated a vision.

I want to find a way to use our church's social media to promote either an online or some sort of in-person discussion on a hymn each week.  I see myself choosing a hymn and asking guiding questions like, "Which of the verses resonates with you and why?" or "Do you have a memory of this hymn that you wish to share?" or something along those lines.  Just to get people to dive into hymns more for just the tunes that we sing but the words that we sing.

I still have a few things to work out.  And that may not be all that my thought of music may be.  But it is a start.  And that is enough for right now.

4/3/2022 - Using the CameraZOOM App


No comments:

Post a Comment