Pages

Monday, April 11, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - Palm Sunday!

Well, we have started Holy Week.  And a very celebratory Holy Week at that, because it is not just a few people doing a virtual service like last year, or just sitting trying to figure out what to do with myself like two years ago.  Which I still laugh about.

And even though the day before I was busy and tired from chaperoning a Marist trip to Six Flags Great Adventure, I was able to recover enough to get up for 8am Contemplative Service and, well, look pretty nice I think.

Palm Sunday 2022

But it was such a great day.  Lots of celebratory music.  But also contemplative music as we moved from celebrating Christ's entry into Jerusalem into starting to think about the events that are coming up.

I am so blessed that we are able to celebrate and go through this week in person.  It is one of those weeks that we go through every year, and you almost know all the parts to it.  But it really is one of my favorite weeks of the year as we take the time to remember all the pain and suffering Jesus went through so that we could have eternal life.

This week will be a busy one, for sure.  But as long as I keep in mind what it is all for, that is what matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment