Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - New Tires Make a Difference

At my inspection last year (2021) my tires were okay, but I was advised that I would need to replace them.  Well, then my front end was broken into two pieces by a blown tire that some truck driver left in the middle of I-84.  And time went on.  And life got busy.

Storms hit, especially some snow, and I made sure I was an extra careful driver because though I hadn't had the time or money to replace the tires, I knew I was on borrowed time.  

And then the roads started to get really bad with potholes due to snow and ice and how the roads are treated to make all that go away for drivers.

So then I got very nervous any time I had to drive my car.  I started having fears of any of my tires blowing out on me, especially as I had to drive over unavoidable holes in the road.

Then came my inspection this year, 2022.  When I also asked for my tires to be replaced.  And they were.

One of my new tires

It was amazing how having these new tires and the inspection made me feel that much better about driving my car.  My damage to the front end was basically cosmetic.  So I live with Gorilla Glue tape on my car.  And now I have brand new tires that are great in wet conditions.  And I don't live in fear of pot holes.

Not that I'm driving around in search of pot holes to hit!  I just feel better when I'm not able to avoid them as much as I would like.

It is amazing just how much new tires made me feel better about things.  Similarly once I got the Gorilla Glue tape on my car back in August I felt much safer about pieces of my car not flapping around and getting lose when the tape didn't stick anymore (which is what duct tape was doing).

Yes, I know I shouldn't have waited as long as I did.  And the relief I feel is proof of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment