Pages

Monday, March 8, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - A Reflection

So, last year by this time I was having basically brunch with those who remained at Wappingers.  Plus a past pastor who came back to be with us.  Yes, 1 year ago today was the last worship service at the United Methodist Church of Wappingers.

Little did we know, at that time, that our plans for merger would be postponed by 4 months due to the pandemic.  Not sure how it affected everyone.  Was it like putting off the inevitable?  Or helping us deal with the grief?  Or giving us more time to reflect?

What I do know, is that even though we are still living in the pandemic world, so much has happened in the past year.  At least for me.

My Thank You Slide on my Photo Journey

So, I did what I like to do, I made a video of photos.  Much like the one I created for our merger service, I used photos that I meant something to me in my journey at Wappingers and over the past year doing things related to PUMC.

I'm trying to get out of my head.  I still struggle with feelings of failure.

But I am glad to say that I am very happy with where I am now.  I love my church family.  I enjoy all the things I am doing and how I am involved.  So I am not sad about that.  I am so happy that I was able to reconnect with people and make new connections.

So while there may be sad attachments to today for me, please know that I am focused on the future.  I am blessed to be where I am.  And I can only hope for even more in the future!

P.S. - If you are not a Facebook friend and you read this and want to see a copy of my photo journey, let me know!  Or if you want to access a copy off of Facebook, let me know that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment