Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Traveling for Sunsets

Yes, yes, I know I blogged about sunsets last week.  But, most of my sunset pictures as of late have been local, either at my job or a location nearby.  Sometimes I consider, for a change in pace, of going somewhere a bit of a distance away where I know I can get good views of the sun setting.

One place is an hour away, at the border of New York and Pennsylvania.  You drive up this huge mountain basically and there is one of those "rest stops" where all you can really do is stop your car if your car needs a break, get out and stretch your legs, and if you have a dog, you could take them for a walk.  I can't remember if there were places to eat, but probably now not so much.  The view overlooks a valley but I have gotten some decent sunset or almost sunset pictures there.

Another place is Croton.  I've taken the train numerous times down to the city and back and always pass this view.  It is so beautiful whether it is sunny, cloudy, bright, or dark.

Sunset at Croton October 2017


The picture shared is over 3 years old, but the view is still just so amazing.  I want to try to capture that same feeling, view, and picture without getting it from a moving train.  Kind of amazing that I managed to get that while the train was moving.

I get this feeling to travel after I have had a particularly hard or tough week.  Not that this is a particularly hard or tough week in general.  But I have had 2 very (very) early days...in at work by 4:30am...while working with vendors, plus night meetings or classes every night, well except for Friday but I'm not there yet.  So it has made I guess for a long, long week.  So I'm thinking Croton may be just the place to go.  But we will see as the day plays out.

You know, I should say thank you to all those who week after week read my ramblings about my merging journey and my Thursday thoughts.  Even if you don't comment, I'm sure they are being read and if anything, brought a bit of laughter to your day because I know I definitely say some very wacky things!


No comments:

Post a Comment