Pages

Monday, May 31, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - Fulfilling a Promise 1 Year Later

 Some of you may have seen the picture I've put on this blog entry before...


I can't find the post on Facebook now, but as I was transitioning from Wappingers to PUMC, my beloved high school music teacher, Polly James, posted on one of my statuses about joining choir.  I told her that when I was done with school (3rd and FINAL, yes FINAL degree) I would.  And as I finished school in May, 2020...we were still in a pandemic and there was no choir to be had.

Now, almost a full year after finishing, I am completely excited about choir rehearsal coming up THIS THURSDAY!!!!!  I am fulfilling my promise, a year later.  But at least the delay wasn't my fault!

While I am very excited about this, I am also a bit nervous.  I'm still working on my vocal range.  It has gotten better, thanks to being able to lead worship through song with smaller groups on a monthly basis.  And, well, I sing a lot in the car!  So those things have definitely helped.  I know a few people in the choir already, or at least that I knew had been in choir before, but I'm sure I don't know everyone.  And, there is always the introverted part of me that worries about being in new groups or large groups.

But I am trying to let the excitement overcome the nerves.

I am excited that I get to sing with a group of people.

I am excited that I get to exercise my voice again.

I am excited that I get to participate in church in a new-at-PUMC way.

I am excited that I get to sing a lot more now!

And I am excited that I get to finally fulfill a promise I made what seems like so long ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment