Pages

Monday, May 17, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - Looking AHEAD!

So often in this blog series I find myself looking back, reflecting on something that happened to me in the past that reminded me of something else in the past.  I don't want to stay in the past because that is no way to live.  But one's past definitely shapes their future in many different ways.  Sometimes when I drive past the old church building, I find myself thinking about the past and continuing to beat myself up thinking there was more I could have done.

But...then I think about my current situation.  And I look ahead.

Looking ahead - 5/16/2021


So, if things didn't happen the way they did, I wouldn't have the great group of friends I do now.  I wouldn't be involved like I am now.  I was involved before, but it was very different from my involvement now.  I wouldn't have reconnected with people.  And I probably wouldn't be a singing crazy person now.

I could go on and on about my present church life.

But I want to look AHEAD.

I want to look ahead to the first time since the pandemic began that we can sing as a congregation!

I want to look ahead at being part of a choir again!

I want to look ahead to meeting with groups of people to do things at church instead of on Zoom alone.

I want to look ahead to how I am growing in my faith.

I want to look ahead to getting to know those I now consider friends much better than I do right now.

I want to look ahead to meeting more people now that we are meeting in person again.

I want to look ahead to getting to know the people I have only interacted with via Zoom, now that we can do more in person.

I want to do more Bible studies and classes and book studies and things with my small group, who I was so blessed to be matched with.

I am so excited for the things that are coming my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment