Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - Random Exits

So, I discovered something about myself yesterday while driving home from Atlantic City.

Before I left on Adventures to Atlantic City

I don't like driving aimlessly with someone else in the car.

Also, I don't like that some major roads don't have signs where one can find food and stuff.  Which leads to driving aimlessly with someone else in the car.

If it is me by myself it's no big deal to take a random exit and see what I could possibly find if I need something like gas or food or just a break from driving.  I travel with a multitude of map programs on my phone and battery packs to make sure I have enough power for my phone.  So, where ever I go, I can find my way back where I need to go.

But when I'm driving with someone else in the car, I like them to think I know exactly where I am going and what I will find when I take a random exit off a major road in search of something like food.  Because I don't want them to think I'm getting us lost or am confused or I'm not a safe driver or something.

I took a random exit yesterday in search of food with a friend in the car.  And at first we thought we were out of luck finding food.  We did find a Wawa (yay French Vanilla Cappuccino!) and a Methodist Church.  Then when it seemed like it was an unsuccessful random exit (which started to stress me out that it was unsuccessful) I turned around and while waiting at a light we found a diner.  Which wasn't too busy and had great food.

This whole experience made me think a bit about how sometimes we have random exits in life too.  Some literal and others not so much.  It can be scary taking the random exit.  It can be nerve wracking.  It can make one anxious. But you may be surprised at what you find along the way.

My random exit was a nice break from driving major highways with trucks and lanes that seemed a bit thinner than the ones I'm used to.  And it did provide a well-needed meal.  I'm glad it worked out the way it did.  And hopefully I won't be as nervous about taking a random exit the next time I'm driving someone else in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment