Pages

Monday, February 28, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - Another New (yet old) Experience

It seems familiar things to do can also become new things to do.

Yesterday I preached a sermon in church.  This was not a new experience for me, even at PUMC as I have given a few sermons now.

I led worship yesterday.  Again, not a new experience for me.

Here's the first of the new yet old experiences...

2/27/2022 - Alone in the Sanctuary

For the first time at PUMC, on a Sunday morning, I spent time in the Sanctuary alone.  Yes, alone.  Usually on a day when I am preaching, I do get to church quite early but I am not the first one in.  Yesterday I was.

Here's the other new yet old experience.  I preached, yes, which was the old experience.  However, for the first time, I preached in front of a District Superintendent.

That had been the cause of a bit of stress over the past couple weeks.  Not the last-minute music changes I had to make.  Not struggling to figure out where the paraments were kept.  But writing and giving a sermon in front of someone that I have respected for many, many years!  Someone who is very knowledgeable and someone who I love to hear preach when I get the opportunity.

It all went well.  The whole service went well.  And I could breathe a sigh of relief after it was all over.  Though I didn't have much of a voice between all the speaking and all the singing I did.

But it gave me the confidence that even though I'm in a room with a lot of people or in a room with very important people, I can do anything as long as God is with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment