Pages

Monday, November 30, 2020

Merging is a New Journey - Happy Memories Part 3 (aka There is a tree!)

 So, first week of Advent in a new place.

Wasn't sure what to expect or how I would react since I have been known to be an emotional crazy person lately.  (Says the girl crying at organ postludes.)

Amazingly, I kept most of my emotions in check.  (Though I think some are starting to show more...in church and outside of church...)

Anyway...

UMC of Wappingers; Advent 2019

 
This is the view I have known for so many (many) years at Advent.  Well, mostly.  For those familiar with the Wappingers sanctuary at Advent and Christmas, you will know that usually in the right-hand side there was also a Chrismon Tree, which is absent here.  The huge tree (12 feet high) is missing because it became difficult to assemble for the few that remained.  So, last year, there was no tree.  I feel like the sanctuary still looked nice, but people missed the tree.  However, for those of us who were there, it would have been difficult to put together so while it was missed, it was something that did need to go based on person-power.

Fast forward to 2020.  I know, most people would want to fast forward through 2020.  But, we don't have that luxury.

PUMC: Advent 2020

There is a tree!  A statement I made that Anastasia keeps repeating.  And I think she is very glad to have a tree this year.  Plus it doesn't seem as massive as the tree we had.  (By the way, I took this photo and a few others between the service and the start of the State of the Church time so I didn't look like the crazy photo-taker when people were doing things up front.)

Advent continues on, whether there is a tree in the sanctuary or not.  But, I am glad to not have gotten the ton of scratches from fluffing artificial tree and garland branches.  Advent continues on, even with being in a new place for this season and potential changes in things coming.  I look forward to the remaining time of Advent, and I am trying not to be too anxious because that kind of defeats the purpose of waiting with Hope, Peace, Love, and Joy.

1 comment:

  1. SOMEONE FORGOT TO TURN THE LIGHT IN THE CRECHE....AND TAKE AWAY THE PUMPKIN......not in my job description-haha!! AND, nice job on the Advent reading-so wonderful to have you and Jessica doing the very first on 2020 or as Pastor said, the beginning!!

    ReplyDelete