Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thursday Thoughts - Thankfulness

 

A break between turkey prep and the rest of dinner prep - Thanksgiving 2020

Today is Thanksgiving.  And I thought for today's blog entry, I'd talk about some of the things I am thankful for.

  • Being able to have such faith in God and knowing that I am loved no matter what.
  • Family & friends - those near and far, those I have stayed connected with and those I have reconnected with.
  • A roof over my head, food to eat, a bed to sleep in, places to sit, clothes to wear, a car to get to and from work, and so many other things like that.
  • A job that remained steady even during the midst of the pandemic and bosses who I work well with and am grateful for every day.
  • My pup Sparkle, though she doesn't let me rest in the evening and I spend more time outside in the cold with her than inside - especially in the fall/winter.
  • My increasing cooking ability.
  • My church family, as it started in 2020 and how it is now in 2020.
  • The musicians at PUMC for igniting my love of music, especially organ music, once again.
  • Feelings that make me happy and nervous at the same time.
  • Laughing.
  • Singing.
  • Smiling.
  • Being able to sit with a good book or a yarn project (crochet or knit).
  • Getting out more for hikes/walks.
  • And being able to share some of what I am thankful for in a blog post.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...and though today is a day when some people typically focus on what they are thankful for, it is also something we should remember every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment