Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thursday Thoughts - Thank You Friends!

 Last week I wrote what I thought was a heart-felt blog entry about how I was feeling about my own life related to Hallmark Christmas movies.  It felt good for me to write it, especially with some of the stuff that has been running around in my head, especially as I sleep (or try to sleep).

I felt like I wasn't getting any traction on that entry, or any of the other entries I have been making to this blog.  I mean, I'm not writing to get thousands of hits or hundreds of comments either on the blog itself or anywhere else where the blog is posted.  But, it seemed instead I got nothing.  So I stated the following, "Sometimes I wonder if anyone cares about the words I write....and if it is even worth it to share what may be on other people's minds too......Or it isn't because I'm the only one with those thoughts and I just write them for myself...."

I wasn't saying it for people to feel sorry for me and comment.  I just was truly feeling frustrated because it seems some people on my friends list get great responses but if I said or did the same exact thing, I'd get nothing or be told "You need to be better than that" (which I have been told before when it comes to personal things).

And to be honest, I actually didn't think anyone would say or do anything with the comment because I post so many pictures and share things and make statements that don't get comments or "likes" I figured this would be another one of those posts.

But my friends surprised me.  I had several comments.  I had such love on that post.  I had people reach out individually to support me and make sure I was okay.

My friends, I am so grateful for what you mean to me.  I am grateful that you took the time to read my post, or look at a picture, or read a blog entry.  I am so blessed to have you in my life.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I will still be me and still post when I want to post and continue series even when people think I should stop.  But this experience has also taught me to be more cognizant of my own friends posts and make sure I try to comment or express a like (or a laugh or a love or a care or whatever other emotion there is) on their posts.

Sunrise at the Underpass - Marist College - July, 2017


1 comment:

  1. There are times when we all feel invisible. Especially now with what’s been going on in 2020. The best we can do is surround ourselves with people we love and those who care for us and don’t waste time on the rest.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete