Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - A Year-Long Journey (Special Edition)

One year ago today, I started writing this blog series, Merging is a New Journey.  My entries started out on a not-so-regular basis with just a bunch of text.  Eventually I started adding pictures.  And then in mid-October I started writing more frequently, choosing Mondays as my regular posting day for this series.  It seems every time I should stop writing the series, I come up with something else to write about related to the journey of merging.

But today I just wanted to reflect on the fact that my writing has been going on for a year.  And I've compiled much of my writing into a single document that I hope will help others who might be currently in the same position as me, or will be that way someday, or was in that position some day.

I am on draft version 2 after spending time reviewing my first draft myself and making a number of edits.  (See below)

The start of my document editing process

There isn't a cover page yet - which I just realized.  But at least it has a title!  Merging is a New Journey - Thoughts from One Merged Member.  And it is a title that I didn't have a hard time coming up with!

For those who have been reading my blog entries from the start, thank you!

For those who are new to my blog, thank you!

For those who are reading the compiled document and providing feedback, thank you!

For those who maybe haven't read my entries, but have supported the entire process, thank you!

I did not really think I'd be writing this one for a year because it started out as a way to cope with all the hard stuff.  But I am enjoying learning and experiencing new things and having that be part of the journey as well.  I don't know when this series will end or slow down, but for now it is good to be able to share it with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment