Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Stress Eating

Everyone does it, right?  Stress eating.  Or in my case, stress buying that leads to stress eating.  Or drinking since one day I stress bought Hi-C Orange juice boxes.

But Sunday, during the snow, I stress bought a microwaveable cake.

Cake!

I really felt like cake with frosting.  Or even cupcakes with frosting.  But I went with this easy cake kit.  You just need the mix, an egg, and some oil.  Super simple to make.  And it tasted great!  The object for me with these things is to make them early enough so I can let them cool off before eating them.  When I have made those cake in a mug things, I always eat it right away and it is so warm and I just don't enjoy it.  However, making it early and then letting it sit and cool off like an actual cake or cupcakes did the trick.

This cake lasted 3 days - I had it for dessert on 2 days and as my sweet after lunch the 3rd day.  And it was still good.

So, why stress eating?

It has been something I have been very good about NOT doing.  For awhile actually.  Even when I was working from home, I stuck to my usual meal routine and did not find myself going to snack even though I was so close to the kitchen.  It probably also helped that Sparkle was always right by my side so if I wanted a snack, I'd have to deal with her.

But, lately I have found that when I am stressed about something at work or something going on personally, I'm buying and then consuming things I wouldn't normally consume.  Like the Orange Hi-C.  Or the cake.  Or trekking to Tops to get a slice of their marble cake with whipped cream frosting.

I don't suppose it is a terrible thing, as long as it is done in moderation and not like every day.  (Which doesn't happen.)

But it seemed appropriate that I share this splurge as I finish writing what seems to be making me a bit nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment