Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - The Pictures I Take

If you are a friend on Facebook, you know I post a lot of pictures.  They are mostly sunsets, clouds, nature views, Sparkle, and sometimes family pictures.  If you aren't a friend on Facebook and you want to see some photos from time to time, let me know!

Sunset along the road at the Poughkeepsie Galleria (10/20/2021)

Sometimes I just can't help myself from taking a picture.  Like the above photo.  I literally stop in the middle of the road that goes around the Poughkeepsie Galleria and take a photo through my car window.  Or I take photos before I get into my car, like when I'm trying to get a good moon shot after a meeting at church.  Or I make sure I am someplace to get photos, like the water and sunset and clouds by the Beacon train station.

For the curious, I pretty much just point and shoot with my phone.  Or point, zoom, and shoot with my phone.  I have a Samsung Note20 Ultra, and honestly is really is the best phone camera I have ever had.  I don't really play around with settings, except for my night and moon shots.  I use a night mode on both of them which I think does something to the "shutter speed" to help the pictures come out nice.  And the moon photos where you can see some of the craters and stuff is when I zoom all the way in (50x) and work very carefully to get it to focus on the moon.  Once the focus gets set I take the photo and I get what I get.

Sometimes I think about getting a decent digital camera for some of this.  But I'm happy with my phone!

There are times I wonder if maybe I take too many photos.  Or not so much that I take too many photos but I share too many photos.  But, I really just like sharing what I get with other people.  Not because I want to get compliments or that I like compliments or I want to know that people are seeing what I post.  But just because when I take a photo, I like to share the photo.  I like to share what means something to me.  A little insight to what makes me tick, so to speak.  And maybe they help cheer someone up.

So that's a bit about my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment