Pages

Monday, December 13, 2021

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)

So, I had to stay home from church this week.  There are a lot of reasons why and I am not going to go into them.  Suffice it to say, the past week and a half has been a little on the crazy side.

For someone who has been so involved in being part of worship, it was very hard, almost upsetting, because I could not be there.  Sure, you may say sometimes you need to rest.  But there are other people who do other things and work way harder than I do who don't get a break, so why should I?

Anyway, I had a break away.  And parts were hard.  Really hard.

But I am really glad that we continue to use the technology employed (and improved upon) that was used so heavily during the pandemic when no one was able to come to church to be physically present in worship.

Sparkle and I during church 12/12/2021

By the way, yes, I was singing along!

But I still had a sense of missing out, a fear of missing out on something that you get when you are in person but not necessarily watching online.  The feel of the music, the atmosphere, the people who are there...

I know I couldn't help it.  And I was where I needed to be.  And I am beyond thankful that I was able to not completely miss out and attend service virtually.

But I can't wait until next week when I can be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment