Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Thank You 2021!

I wanted to see what I had done last year on my last blog entry of 2020, and it was a summary of many blessings I experienced over the course of a very tough year.  And on this last blog entry of 2021, it may be appropriate to do that again.  But instead I wanted to approach it as a "Thank You" for some of the things I experienced over the course of the year.

2021's Word

My word for 2021 was Hope.  And though some days finding hope was hard, it was a persistent theme up until the very last days of December.  And if it wasn't the thing I needed, it was what others needed.  Thank you 2021 for always finding ways to show me hope.

One of Many Sunsets

Thank you God for 2021 and many, many beautiful skies.  And thank you for helping me find my new favorite place to not just view a sunset or clouds but to walk and get some exercise in.  I may have become quite obsessive with my sunset photos and my friend the lone duck, but being by the water for this time really helped center me and refocus me.  And I am so thankful for the many weekend days I had to be able to experience this.

The Wanamaker!!

Thank you 2021 for helping me to get to know my friends better.  I stayed in contact with my friends from high school, every so often by Zoom but mostly by Facebook and group text messages.  I got to know new friends better and take fun trips to take things off my bucket list, like seeing the Wanamaker Organ.  And there was always time for tacos with my bestie!

Sharing about leading

Thank you 2021 for my growth as a leader and a presence at PUMC.  I was able to sing in choir and for gathering music.  I was able to preach a few times.  I would address the congregation on 5th Sundays and share what had been going on in Church Council.  And I put together and guided Laity Sunday's service.

Here's looking to 2022!

I know there are probably some things I have missed.  2021 was an interesting year.  And, except for a week's period when I just didn't know what to say because of stuff going on at home, I blogged twice a week for a full year.  I can't believe it!  There was just so much to go through.  

I look forward to growth in all the areas I touched on as 2022 approaches.  But I am thankful that 2021 was the way it was.  Not every day was great.  There were some really rough days and I expect the same for 2022.  But I hope I can focus on the good things to help me get through the bad ones.  And find the joy in every day.

Thank you God for 2021 and what you put in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment