Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Being Grateful in Tough Situations

So, this is something I haven't really talked about at all.  But knowing and realizing just how loved and cared for I am along with my family, I thought I'd talk about it.

I have been stuck home after testing positive for Covid.

I have felt fine the entire time, and hopefully by the end of Friday I will have completed my quarantine period and I can leave my house.

After receiving the results, it threw me into a great depression.  I was so sad for a number of reasons.  And I felt like I should shut out the world because I figured I was this person who no one would want to be around because I had tested positive.  I wrote to a couple people saying I was feeling almost like a leper because who would want to be around someone who tested positive?  Or who was in quarantine, even though I would have been officially released?

But then emails and text messages came in from people who wanted to make sure I was okay.  And I realized, just because I couldn't leave my house it didn't mean I needed to shut down.

Morning Sky 12/15/2021

And I certainly shouldn't let it stop me from taking photos!

But I also realized that there were so many things I was grateful for during this tough situation:

- That I had so many friends (who are more like family) who cared to check in on me!  Whether it was once and awhile or every day, it all meant and continues to mean so much to me!

- Also that technology has advanced so much that I could still go to church via a live feed.  And that we could order food and have it delivered through the numerous types of apps out there.  And things that let us order supplies from stores and have those delivered too.  I know so many people offered to bring stuff or pick stuff up for us.  But having this technology available was a good thing too.

- That I had a friend who text me every day to make sure I was okay.  Unless I text her first!

- And a friend who sent me funny videos every day by email so I would laugh until I was released.

- And a friend that checked in via email and I would also email and text sometimes too.

- That people continued to pray for us all as we healed and then returned to regular life.  (I'm almost there!)

- That someone recognized something was up when I didn't update my blog as I usually did.

- That when I would talk about returning to things, people expressed genuine excitement over it and not what I was fearing, that no one would want us back for awhile even if we were cleared.

- For the sunshine and beautiful daytime and nighttime skies that I experienced from my back door when I would let Sparkle out.  It's been awhile since I saw a proper sunset but the views from the back door have been nice.  

- That no one got too severely sick and everyone seems to have recovered well.

- That I was still able to do all I do.  And able to readjust my sleeping schedule so I'm sleeping better now, which overall is a great thing.


There is probably more - but that is what I have for now.

I am so grateful for everyone during this past couple weeks of crazy.  I am so blessed to have all of you in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment