Pages

Monday, March 28, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - The Prodigal Son

Not going to say a lot today.  Because this is one I am still processing.

But I had a very strange experience happen yesterday that seems to be continuing today.

We spent some time in the Contemplative Service pondering the story of the prodigal son and the people in that story and how we may relate to any of those people.

I've read that part of the Bible so many times and part of my testimony actually relates to the son as I returned to a stronger faith many, many years ago.  But yesterday it hit me very differently.  So differently that I started to get emotional, after I had been doing so well since Friday!  And this continued through the sermon and prayer.

It's not something I am able to really talk about here.  I did share with someone how I was feeling about it.  And they shared some of their thoughts and gave me another new perspective on it, that I am also contemplating.

I think, though, that God wants me to contemplate this more.  Because not only did I have it at an early service and our regular service.  But when I got home, I finished a short devotional plan called "Lost and Found" on YouVersion.  And, do you know what the last Bible reading was in that one?  If you guest the Prodigal Son, you'd be right.

But wait...it gets better.

Lenten Reading for 3/28/2022

This is out of another devotion on YouVersion that I am reading through the season of Lent.  Today was the Parable of the Lost Sheep, Lost Coin, and...Lost Son.  Yes, I have read or heard this no less than 4 times in the past two days.

I think I have some more meditation to do on it.

And though yesterday it brought me to tears many times over and it is threatening to do that again to me today, I look at it as a lesson.  And I'm glad that church can bring me to that point where I need to sit with a section of Scripture that I saw in one way but am seeing in many different ways now.

No comments:

Post a Comment