Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Thursday Thoughts - Easter Dress Repeat

So, something in the back of my head has always said to me that I need to wear a new dress on Easter.  Not sure why, since I was never really someone who liked dresses.  But for Easter, I guess I want to look my best.  Exception was Easter 2020 when I really didn't do anything special because of the pandemic.

Anyway, last year even though we wound up still with virtual worship on Easter, I wore a great dress I had found almost by accident at Target.  Probably one of the last really nice finds there for clothing in my size.

Easter 2021

So now we are in 2022 and I began my Easter dress hunt.  I gave up looking in the store at Target because they have severely reduced the amount of clothing in their "plus size" area, and they are still stuck in winter with sweaters and other long-sleeved things.

I moved to looking online - at Target, Walmart, and an online store called Woman Within that features plus sized clothing.  I skipped Lane Bryant because as nice as the clothes are there, I didn't want to spend a fortune on a dress and they haven't had a good dress sale lately.

Well, pretty much anything that was in the range I wanted to spend for a dress either:

  • Wasn't in a size I could fit in
  • Too plain for Easter (aka a single color)
  • Was a bunch of fall and winter colors or color blocked in ways that just did not appeal to me nor was I sure how they would appeal to anyone

And I'm here thinking, okay, we are headed into spring and summer.  Why is there nothing in my size that is pretty?  Or floral?  Or bright?  Or something that doesn't look like I'm depressed?

Okay, so, had I wanted to spend $60 or more on a dress I would have had more options.  But I wanted to stick with the budget I had worked with last time when I happened, almost randomly, on the Easter 2021 dress.

So frustrating!

Well, I made a decision last night.  And it then came with the idea to write about it today as my Thursday Thought.

Since a lot of people did not really experience my Easter dress last year, and those who did will either have forgotten it or won't mind that I wore it again, I decided I'm going to wear it again this Easter.

Took a lot of weight off my shoulders in having to find the perfect Easter Dress.  But it also made me happy because I don't think I wore the dress again after last Easter.  And it really was not just comfortable, but it was pretty, and I felt great in it!

So, I will have an Easter Dress Repeat this year.  And I'm okay with that!

1 comment:

  1. Where a different pair of earrings or shoes to make it a new outfit. Problem solved! Besides if something makes you feel good, keep wearing it !!!!!

    ReplyDelete