Pages

Monday, March 21, 2022

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - Remembering What I Was Taught

I learned a lot from every pastor I served under once I began my lay servant (formerly lay speaker) journey.  I learned different ways of presenting a sermon.  I learned the difference between working with children, and youth, and adults, and older adults.  I learned how to lead and guide meetings.  I learned various ways of worship and music.  I learned different ways of handling prayer.

Morning 3/21/2022


No, the picture has nothing to do with the memory.  I just wanted to share it.

One of the things related to prayer was protecting a person who was praying.

When one kneels in prayer, they are facing a particular way and while in prayer for whatever the need is, they can face whatever is coming to them head on.  But, their back is not protected.  Sometimes when someone is in need, you need to come behind them and protect them from behind in your own prayers.

That always stuck with me and I have to say I have not really had that much of an opportunity to protect someone's back while in prayer.

Until yesterday.

I don't want to give out details.  But I was able to protect someone's back while they prayed.  And I got to pray with them and for them, whether they knew it or not.

I had an off day myself after having a very strange dream that really bothered me.  But being able to use something I had been taught and hadn't put into practice in a very long time helped re-frame my brain a bit.

I was glad to have been able to protect this person's back while they prayed.  And I am glad that the lessons I learned many years ago still come into play today.

No comments:

Post a Comment