Pages

Monday, July 12, 2021

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - 1 Year Down, Many More to Go!

The first in my updated Blog Series Title - Merging is an ONGOING Journey, because it truly is!

One year ago yesterday we had the merger service between UMC of Wappingers and PUMC.  It's hard to believe I have been an active part of PUMC for a full year already!  Time has flown.  And it has been such an exciting time, at least for me.

7/11/2021 - One Year Here!

Strange to say, but I'm really starting to feel more comfortable, which I never thought I would.

I have found new life, and as I wrote last week, I found home.

I am still learning new things, like where back doors to places are.  Which, honestly, is really cool.  And I'm back to doing things I did before, like helping clean up and even when I think I can't move any more, I'm pushing myself into an overheated headache, and I'm burnt to a crisp.  I keep going until the job is done.

I took a bunch of photos yesterday and am planning to take more because I didn't get photos with everyone I wanted to so that I can do another video with photos showing my journey from Wappingers and the past year.  Also  need to get permission from people to include the photos.

But very surprisingly, I have found my place.  Who would have thought I would feel comfortable in such a large building with a lot of people?  Not me!  Not me at all!!

One year down, and many more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment