Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - How I Was Repurposed

 A year ago tomorrow I wrote a blog entry for my "Merging is a New Journey" series that I subtitled "Repurposed."  I wrote about a dress I had bought to wear on Easter, 2020 that wound up never getting worn because Easter, 2020 was spent in my comfy clothes watching service online.  The dress wound up becoming "Merger Service Dress," having been repurposed.

The Repurposed Dress (7/8/2020)

I talked a lot about how I myself was about to be repurposed as well.  It was a bit of a fearful thing for me, because I wasn't sure what lay ahead.  If I was ready to do other things that were not as familiar to me.  Some things I left behind knowing I'd never have to do them again, like the title of "Candle Lighter Cleaner."  We literally must have gotten THE DRIPPIEST box of wicks for the candle lighter ever because PUMC uses the same brand and having actually lit the candles, they were far less drippy than the ones we used at Wappingers.  I did not, however, leave the role of "Runner of Technology" - but I really am enjoying returning to that role.

 So, with my dress being repurposed again as a 1-year celebration dress, how else was I repurposed?

Well, I'm still a Lay Servant with preaching.  And as such, I've preached twice.  Once I just did the sermon.  More recently I put together the entire service.  So that part hasn't been repurposed.

I returned to technology running, though it's a bit different than what I did before.  However, I'm with a great crew of people and any time I can run tech, I love to!

I also sing.  Which I just did from the congregation before.  But now I sing with choir and I sing gathering music.  And sometimes I sing solos or duets or trios.

I'm Church Council Chair, which is more than just running a meeting I have learned.  It also means I am part of Finance Committee and am part of other decision-making.  Even if I'm not sure or uncomfortable of what my role is.

I'm part of a small group, which means I have great connections with people even before I started doing more things with those people.

I've made quick friends, reconnected with others, and become like family with even others.

I love my repurposed life.

No comments:

Post a Comment