Pages

Friday, July 2, 2021

Special Edition - To my Friends

 Dear Friends,

Below is a picture I took of myself that I shared with my bestie, Jess.  It was the first hat I could find to protect my hair that I had brushed out but still had a ton of product in it from a hair cut earlier in the day.  It was raining and when product in your hair gets wet, it gets very hard and icky.  And I didn't want that.  I share the photo with all of you because I look kind of silly with a winter hat on in the summer.  Let's face it...I am NOT the type of person who wears warm things in the summer so it really was out of place for me!  But sometimes, that is who I am.


I write this now because I feel like, for whatever reason, I haven't been a good friend over the past week or so.  I have been working on a service for church which is making me nervous.  I've had a few projects at work that went well, but leading up to them and through them was slightly stressful.  And I've just really been in my head a lot (again) for whatever reason.  I've got stuff pent up inside me and I don't know what to do with it.

I know people who have been going through a lot in their personal lives.  I know people who have been going through a lot in their spiritual lives.  And I know people who I should just in on them from time to time to make sure they are okay.  All of these people are my friends, who I feel I have neglected for the past week or so.  And maybe that is what is pent up inside me - the feeling of "I should be doing more" when I was so focused on what was going on around me.

Friends, I am sorry if I haven't been the friend I should be.  Despite me not saying something on Facebook, or via email, or in a text message, or a phone call I was holding all of you in prayer.  Know that you are all so very important to me.  And I'm sorry if I didn't show it.

No comments:

Post a Comment