Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Do Over Day

I don't usually have days where I just want to start the whole thing over.  I mean, yeah, sometimes things don't go as planned.  Sometimes there are problems and issues.  Usually I just get through them and move on.  But, from the moment I woke up yesterday, I just felt like I needed to start the entire day over from the moment I got out of bed.

Sparkle woke me early.  Not crazy early (that was today not long after 6am) but I went to roll over to turn off my alarm clock so it wouldn't go off and I got a massive knot in my leg that I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't yell and wake everyone else up.  In my attempt to turn off my alarm, I hit some other button (I guess) and it started to play my alarm music.  LOUDLY.  I finally got that to stop but hit some other button and all of a sudden my clock started to flash colors.  (It's one of those cube clocks that uses an OLD iPod to play music.)  I finally got the colors to stop flashing and back on my usual color.  Thank goodness.

But then after Sparkle was out, I tried to make myself my lunch, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I usually put the jelly on first which was going fine until some fell off the bread and onto the table.  I then tried to grab the glob of jelly with my knife to put it on the bread, only the bread kept flipping over upside down getting more jelly ON the table.  Finally I'm able to get the bread the right way, clean up the mess of jelly, and finish making my sandwich.

Then comes my drive to work, which involved a few stops (coffee, post office, store) and in my various ins and outs of the car, I manage to smack my head on my car door frame several times.  I also wanted to get one of those pre-made salads, but they only had kinds I didn't really like.  I wound up getting a Cobb Salad and used ranch dressing I had at work instead of the blue cheese.  

I get into work and find out that a date has been scheduled for the Class of 2020 Commencement.  But I find out from an email to staff, not from the actual email.  Not sure why because I've been part of all the other Class of 2020 Commencement communication.  And at that point I just wanted to cry. (P.S. this has been sorted out.)

I get to the Food Court at the mall to grab dinner before a meeting at church.  And I swear, people have been inside so long they forgot how to behave in public.  Like, I can't tell you the number of couples who were making out like no one was around.  For someone who struggles with a lack of coupling, it was like a smack in the face.  More than once.  I get to my car with my food and again, I just want to cry.  And I still really want to have a redo on the entire day.

But then I get to church for a meeting.  Church has always been my happy place.  Even for a meeting.  And what turns my entire day around?

Baby Bunny at Church

This baby bunny.  Who appeared outside the open door we had to help get some air flow in the area we were meeting.

Hi baby bunny!

It is amazing how one small animal can do so much.  It looks cute.  It eats things.  It makes me want to take a picture of it.  It makes me smile.  It makes others say funny things about it.  It completely turns my day around.

Dear God, thank you so much for sending the baby bunny.  To take my mind off things that were making me struggle.  To bring some much needed joy.  And to turn my day around.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment