Pages

Monday, April 5, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - Amazing Easter!

Holy Week has always been a special time for me.  We go from a celebration of Jesus arrival to Jerusalem, to contemplating the events of the week, considering the last meal Jesus had with his disciples, Jesus being arrested, sentenced, and the crucifixion.   Then, it culminates in another celebration on Easter Sunday as we rejoice in the fact that Jesus rose from the dead.

Easter Sunday Altar 4/4/2021


Aside from last year, I have been in church for Easter before.  It is always a happy day full of inspiration.  Sure there were a few times, like I talked about before, when I was cleaning up from pancake breakfasts - but you could still hear the celebration even in the kitchen.

But for some reason...this Easter...was probably one of the best Easters I have had in a long time.

Maybe it was because I was at Sunrise Service.  Or singing at Sunrise Service.  Singing new to me songs that sound awesome and have great lyrics.  Hearing the story of finding the tomb empty.  Seeing people I haven't seen in months.  Watching the sun rise and hearing the birds wake up and sing.  Any of those reasons could have been it.

Maybe it was because of being at the regular worship service on Easter.  After already been in worship, just continuing that thread.  Being with great friends.  With great songs to hear and sing along with quietly in the pew.  Familiar worship songs and hymns to start the service.  Lots of G.F. Handel, sung and played on the organ.  Singing along quietly as one could to the Hallelujah Chorus.  Though there were few of us there in the congregation (a soloist, my sister who sang in the anthem, and two tech people, one of which was me) we stood for hymns and the Doxology.  We sang "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" like it was a "normal" church service.  And I was acolyte.  Some things never change.  We celebrated Christ's Resurrection and that never gets old.  Any of those reasons could have been it.

Maybe it was the time after service, being in fellowship with those there.  Or taking selfies with my church family/friends to celebrate the day.  Taking pictures by the flowered cross outside.  Sharing funny stories.  Any of those reasons could have been it.

Maybe it was getting home to celebrate not only Easter but Anastasia's 9th birthday.  Seeing her joy at all her presents.  Being in my happy place with my iTunes playlist and dinner prep.  Maybe it was the nice day outside.  Maybe it was being able to spend time with my pup inside after dinner, which only seems to happen when there is daylight left outside.  Maybe it was catching the beautiful sunset from my yard.  Any of those reasons could have been it.

Maybe it was just knowing it was a day to celebrate.  Maybe it was the various sun and sky pictures I took that day.  It was like I was seeing things with new eyes.  Maybe it was because I felt pretty that day and wasn't so down on myself.  Maybe it was being around the people I was with.  Maybe it was funny things that happened at home.  Maybe it was the yummy dinner.  Or the birthday cupcakes.  Eating the cherry jelly bean first thing like I do every year.  The cup of coffee my sister bought me.  Being up at 4:30am and doing everything I did without really feeling tired until after 8pm when I tried to take a short nap.  Any of those reasons could have been it.

All I know, is that it was like this was the Easter I needed after so many things.  Not just the pandemic, but other things in my personal life.  It was an amazing Easter and I couldn't be more blessed.

Jesus is Risen.  Hallelujah!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment