Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Flowers at Night

This is going to be a brief one, but it allows me to share a picture I haven't shared online yet.

White Daffodils at night

Flowers are beautiful.  I love when they all bloom in the springtime and those that come out in the summer like wildflowers.  It seemed our flowers were so far behind everyone else's but they all finally showed up.

Flowers have a particular look in the daytime with the sun shining.  They even look great when it is grey and cloudy and rainy.

But I am always amazed at how flowers look so beautiful at night.  There is just something about seeing them bloomed and open at night that gets me.  I'm not sure what it is.  They look so spectacular and sometimes even better than during the sunlight hours.  I think I've taken just as many photos of the flowers at night as I have during the day!

Maybe it has something to do with warmer weather coming and just seeing flowers in a nice evening makes them that much more beautiful.

When my sister and I were growing up, mom used to cut some of the daffodils and we would bring them in to our teacher in elementary school.  She'd wrap them with a wet paper towel and then aluminum foil and we'd just bring them in.  Now I can't even imagine cutting the daffodils because I think once you cut them, they don't grow back.  (Unlike pansies that as long as you keep them watered and pick them, they keep growing back.  I just picked my 2nd bouquet of pansies last night before I covered them with a sheet to protect them from the cold.)

Anyway, I just wanted to share that thought - because I'm not sure I ever told anyone that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment