Pages

Monday, April 12, 2021

Merging is a New Journey - "Low" Sunday is Anything But

Typically the Sunday after Easter is considered a "Low Sunday" because everything has been pushing towards the previous Sunday, Easter.  And then there is like a "let down" after how Easter was.  I can certainly attest to that.  Easter was such a great day for me, which I wrote about last Monday.  And that feeling carried through most of my week.  Then I started to feel the let down.

Until I walked into church this past Sunday.

Altar on 4/11/2021


The altar was adorned with spring flowers. Okay, maybe they were some leftovers from Easter.  But, spring flowers none the less!  Spring flowers make me happy.  And take me out of that feeling of lowness.

One of our Lay Leaders, Dale, was covering service for the day.  And he really had the participation of those who were doing things in service, like the music.  And though it was a "low Sunday" it certainly had the air of a high one.

Some of the music got me emotional.  And some of it had me standing and clapping.  Or singing in my head.  Or swaying back and forth.

Though it is typically called a "low Sunday," to me it was anything but.  Being able to work with and spend even a couple hours with my family/friends gives me the push I need to get my week started.  I may struggle on Mondays, especially when the weather changes and the barometric pressure fights my head and tries to bring me down.  But no Sunday is low to me anymore.  They are all great ways to start a new week and help me get through the week until the next Sunday.

1 comment: