Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - It's Springtime! And I am singing!

During the Advent season I learned a new praise song by Chris Tomlin called "It's Christmas Medley."  It's such a great song and even now, months after December, it still pops in my head from time to time and it makes me happy to hear it.

But, it's now Spring Time.  And, I've found myself thinking of that song while making up words about Spring Time.  Instead of "It's Christmas.  The Angels are singing..." I'm thinking "It's Spring Time...and I am singing!" (thus my title for this blog entry).

With Sun in front of the Dogwood Tree (4/26/2021)

For a lot of people, spring tends to mean allergy agony.  And sometimes I wake that way too.  But the beauty of spring that God presents overpowers the problems.  There is just something about the sun shining on a nice warm day that is different than a cold day or even a hot day.  Even rain on a spring day is a nice change from rain on a very cold fall or winter day.  There is sometime about how the sun reflects off of trees that are starting to show leaves.  Or, like the picture above, how the sun shines as our dogwood tree starts to bloom with its pretty flowers.

There is just something about spring that makes me sing...or at least sing more than normal I guess...since I've been singing a lot for awhile now.

Spring just really seems to make me happy. Through the winter we wait anxiously for spring.  Or maybe some of us wait impatiently.  I admit, I have done both - mostly because I'm not a fan of ice.  Or driving in snow (not that anyone is).  But, Spring always comes.  And when it does, I know I need to stop and take the time to appreciate it.  Because before we know it, the heat of summer will be here.  

In Spring, everything comes alive.  Grass starts growing again (sometimes faster than in other places).  The flowers pop out of the ground and bloom.  Or you can plant flowers to brighten up the yard.  The tree leaves start coming back.  We have this tree in Sparkle's yard that got cut down a number of years back, but every year it finds a way to grow leaves and now it is a small tree in her yard that provides shade.  I've been admiring the leaves and how they grow day by day - and how they look in the sun and the rain, at day and at night.

So I will continue to appreciate the spring season and all that it brings.  And thank God that we have this time to spend in appreciation of His Creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment