Pages

Monday, August 23, 2021

Merging is an Ongoing Journey - Associating as a Whole Unit

It's going to be a short one again this week.

But as I was looking out at the congregation this week, a smaller crowd than usual due to the impending storm, Henri, I realized something that maybe I have realized earlier but just really started thinking about it now.

I don't identify people as "us" and "everyone else."

Or rather "Wappingers" and "Poughkeepsie."

All of US (8/15/2021)

I just look out at the congregation and identify people from their faces (or half faces again while we wear masks).  Not thinking where they came from but that we are all part of one congregation.  I have been saying that I see everyone as my church family.  But, in a sense, I was still mentally thinking church family who was already at Poughkeepsie or church family who came from Wappingers.

But now I look at everyone and I just think of their names and I no longer associate them with where we came from.  I mean, in a sense I always will.  But I think just looking out and seeing the familiar faces and thinking of everyone as one big unit is a big step for me.  I only wish it had come to my mind sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment