Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - The Downside of Staycation

If you follow me on Facebook, you've seen a daily post with some images of how my time off from work has been, in other words, my staycation.  I wonder if people are tired of seeing what I am doing with my days off.  But I think after going so much, it was something that I needed to do before things kick up once again.

Attempting to capture lightning one evening

I've gotten to be able to rest.  Maybe not at night like most normal people.  Sparkle is still either waking me when she would wake me up for work, or earlier than that for some reason.  But I've gotten to take naps or go back to sleep in the early morning.

I've been able to read.  I've worked on a diamond painting project.  And, while I didn't finish it which was one of my goals, I got pretty far.  I worked a lot on a blanket for my sister.  And got a bit of organization and cleaning done.  Found more books to donate.  I've kept up with my blogging.  And I took a couple hikes, one familiar and one with memories.  Oh!  And I've had fresh brewed coffee almost every day - YUMMY!

But there has been a constant downside, and I'm not sure why.  I've pretty much had some form of headache every day.  Sometimes it was related to my activity for the day.  Like when I hike, I get overheated and dehydrated.  Or when I was cleaning out, dust bothers me.  Or the days I stressed about my parents getting somewhere, or when I watch them drive the wrong way from Google Maps and I'm calling to get them on the right path again.  Or some days when I was stressing about work - how much I will have to catch up on when I get back and how much we have to do in preparation for the students returning to campus.  Or even stressing about going with my sister back to the Cape tomorrow so that we can drive stuff and them back without them getting lost.  

My sister says I overthink things a lot.  It's related to other things, but in this case, maybe I'm overthinking things too and over-stressing myself when I'm sure things will work out.  

As my time off ends, I am excited about the work that will be going on to welcome the new students to campus in just over a week.  And yeah, it may be stressful, but it is a good kind of stress.  I just hope that my trend of headaches fades away so I can get back into things full force.

No comments:

Post a Comment