Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Thursday Thoughts - Beauty of Night

You have all experienced my numerous sunset pictures, I'm sure.  And more recently, I've been posting a lot of cloud and sky pictures.  But I've also been taking some night pictures, when it's typically pitch black outside and I can't see a thing.  Sometimes I can see clouds or the moon and have worked very hard in the past to take nice pictures of them.

Clouds at Night from 8/25/2021

But what I have learned is just to point, press the area on the phone to take the picture, and hold still for a few seconds.  My phone camera's night setting does something to help take really great night pictures!  I just have to stand still for a few seconds (between 3-8).  Sometimes it's easy but sometimes I'm trying to take pictures while walking Sparkle so I don't always get to stand still for as long as I'm being asked to.

I've gotten some really awesome pictures.  One night, just by happenstance, I actually got one of the dippers!  (Not sure whether it was the big or little one.)  I wasn't even trying to and it came out that way.  So awesome!  I love getting clouds at night too because, like the picture above, they just come out really cool.

I am slowly learning the beauty that night photos hold too.  I still love my sunsets and my blue sky and puffy clouds.  But night is peaceful and beautiful as well.  I can't wait to see what else I can randomly capture this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment